A user of the Platform or Site, whether as a registered user or a non-registered user just browsing the Site, is hereinafter referred to as a “User”, or collectively, the user of the Platform or Site, whether as a registered user or a non-registered user just browsing the Site, is hereinafter referred to as a “User,” or collectively, the “Users”.
As used in this policy, the terms “using” and “processing” information include using Cookies (defined below) on a computer, subjecting the information to statistical or other analysis and using or handling information in any way, including, but not limited to collecting, storing, evaluating, modifying, deleting, using, combining, disclosing and transferring information within our organization or among affiliates or partners we establish.
- Information Collection and Use. Our primary goals in collecting, using and processing information via the Platform are to provide Users with access to and use of our Platform and community, to improve and further develop our Platform and to enable users to enjoy and easily navigate the Site.
- Personally Identifiable Information. In the course of using the Platform (whether as a Client or Contractor), we may ask you to provide us with, or grant us access to, or permission to obtain, certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you; personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to, your name, company name, email address, work experience, skills, interests, education background, sectors, address and phone number (“Information”).We may collect additional Personal Information to validate your identity, such as your date of birth and place of birth.We use your Personal Information mainly to provide the Platform and administer your inquiries.We may combine your Personal Information with information collected from other Users to attempt to provide you with a better experience, to improve the quality and value of the Platform, and to analyze and understand how our Site and Platform are used, and to generate general industry analysis.When you register for the Platform, you will be opting-in to receive Workkola emails, newsletters, requests, project/service materials, marketing and/or promotional materials. We will also use your Personal Information to send this content to you. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, you can opt-out or customize the type of messages you receive from Workkola by emailing us at email@example.com.
- Workkola’s Use of Personal Information. Workkola uses Personal Information for the following general purposes:
- To provide our services and the Platform via the Site or email,
- To analyze Site usage and improve our services and the Platform,
- To contact you and deliver administrative notices and communications relevant to your use of our products and services,
- For internal market research, troubleshooting problems, and detecting and protecting against error, fraud or other criminal activity,
- To enforce our Terms of Service, and
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Platform, to provide the services of the Platform on our behalf, to perform Site-related services (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, web analytics, payment processing, fraud detection and improvement of the Site’s features) or to assist us in analyzing how our Site and Platform are used. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose. Although we ensure that our third party agents (“Agents”) receiving your information are bound by confidentiality obligations. Workkola is not responsible for and shall not be liable for any issues that may arise regarding the Privacy Policies of any of its agents, affiliates, advertiser and/or any other third parties. By using this website, you do hereby agree to hold Workkola indemnify, defend and hold harmless Workkola from any claims and/or damages that may arise from the actions of any of Workkola’s Agents, affiliates and/or advertisers.
Two things drive Workkola’s decisions regarding the use of information collected from users: 1) improving user experience by offering personalized services, content and advertising, and 2) market research.
Workkola may analyze Personal Information and Web Navigational Data based on your interests and use of the platform, and may use the analysis from this information in a way that does not contain any Personal Information (“Market Research”).
- Phishing. Identity theft and the practice are currently known as “phishing”. Safeguarding information to help protect you from identity theft is very important at Workkola. We do not and will not, at any time, request your credit card information, your account ID, login password, or national identification numbers in a non-secure or unsolicited e-mail or telephone communication. We suggest advise you not to respond to and to promptly report any email or telephone communication purporting to be from Workkola in which such information is collected. For more information about phishing, visit the Federal Trade Commission’s website.
- Collaborations. If you choose to request collaborations via the Platform or via Email as a Company, the contents of such requests will be publicly viewable via the Platform and the Site and will be sent to the potential collaborators according to your preferences. Requests may include information about the company such as location, company name, company representative name, industry field, brief description, and information about the requested collaboration such as skills and education needed, countries and languages targeted, due date, description and any other important information for making the best possible match.
- Feedback. We collect feedback for two purposes: (a) from users about their experience with other users of the Platform, the Platform itself, or the services offered by Workkola; (b) between users of the Platform to get valuable information about the experience, the Platform and each other. This feedback is viewable via the Platform and publicly, and helps Workkola and its users to improve the service offered, the user’s experience and the relationships between them.
- Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement. Workkola cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of Workkola or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
- Changing or Deleting Your Information. All registered users may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information in their registration profile by contacting us. If you completely delete all such information, then your account may become deactivated. If you would like us to delete your account in our system, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please bear in mind that neither you nor Workkola can delete all copies of information that has been previously shared with others on the Site or by Email.
- Security. Workkola is very concerned with safeguarding your Personal Information. The security of such Personal Information is important to us. But remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. When you use the Platform or the Email to share information (Personal Information or other kind of information), this information will be made available to the Users with whom you agree to share such information. These Users, and not Workkola will be responsible for the privacy and security of your Project and Personal Information in accordance with the terms of any arrangement, including, without limitation, any non-disclosure agreement entered into with these other Users and our Collaboration Contract.
- Links to Other Sites. Our Site contains links to other websites. If you choose to click on a third party link, you will be directed to that third party’s website. The fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place Cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit Personal Information from you. Other sites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the Personal Information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
- Children. This Site is not directed to persons under 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at email@example.com. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information from our files.